I'm sure many of you are wondering about the name of my blog. I'll admit, it is not my first choice. The names I really wanted had already been taken... bummer. However, the longer I let this particular name roll around in my mind, the more and more I love it. I am a scarlet saint.
The prophet Isaiah states, "...though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." ~Isaiah 1:18. In my mind, this is true for everyone. Are we not all sinners in some form or another? Are we not all scarlet?
The "saint" in my name comes from the fact that yes, I am a sinner, and I am trying to be better. Everyday. I struggle to be better. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and it is common in my church lingo to call every day people saints.
I believe that all of us, every one, is a scarlet saint. We are fighting the good fight. Winning the war despite sometimes losing the daily battles. Trying our hardest to do what is good, right, and best, for us, our families, and those we love. My Heavenly Father will always love me, no matter how crimson I am. He will always unconditionally love you too. We are all blessed in that love, and I am ever grateful for it in my life. For that reason, each day, I try to be just a little less scarlet, and a little more saint!
The goal of this blog for me is to tell my life story. I've had trials and triumphs just like the rest of you. My desire is to help other's who may have been or are going through similar experiences. Most importantly, through Christ, no matter what, things will always get better.
So my fellow crimson-ites! Let us bond together over trials, tears, fears, and failures. In doing so, we will share our triumphs, successes, laughs, and joys! I love you all, and God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bald Lady at the Pool
I recently took my kids to an amazing recreation center to enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool. This pool is amazing! It has a playground inside a...
-
I recently took my kids to an amazing recreation center to enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool. This pool is amazing! It has a playground inside a...
-
I'm sure many of you are wondering about the name of my blog. I'll admit, it is not my first choice. The names I really wanted had a...
-
I am like the unsinkable Molly Brown on the Titanic. For some reason I have been in more situations than I can count that should have led to...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.